Our number one goal is to teach your child to be safe and self sufficient in the water while giving them a fun learning experience that they will never forget! We do this through group songs and games as well as one on one time with the instructor. We want to do everything in our power to ensure that your child will come away with skills that they can use for a lifetime.
Our instructors and Deck Managers are First Aid & CPR certified and have undergone extensive training by our Swim Director. We strive to hold the highest standard for drowning prevention and water safety by having the most alert staff at the pool. We do this because your kids safety is so important to us. Stop by and find out why we are the only swim program in town with the confidence to offer 100% tuition-back guarantee. ( We do not offer free trial classes due to the small class enrollment.)
|Ages||Kids/class||Monthly tuition||Parent participation? (Yes/No/Optional)|
|Guppies||6m – 3yrs||6||$85/month||Yes- Bring your swimsuit!|
|Group (Pre-K)||3-4 yrs||4||$85/month||Optional|
|Group (Kindergarten)||4-6 yrs||4||$85/month||No|
|Group (Elementary+)||6-12 yrs||4||$85/month||No|
|Privates||6m – 12 yrs||1||$189/month||Optional|
All of our classes are held once a week and last 30 minutes each
We have a brand new viewing area, where families of our swimmers are encouraged to make themselves comfortable during their child’s lesson. While some swim schools discourage parent interaction during a class, we encourage it! Occasionally, we may ask you to come on the pool deck to learn more about what we’re doing, and how you can help your child from home. Water safety is as much about educating parents as it is the kids – if you have questions about your child’s progress, don’t hesitate to speak to your child’s teacher after class.
Rainy Day Policy:
Rain or shine, we will be in the water! Thanks to our brand new indoor pool building, we no longer have to worry about weather cancellations! Rain or shine, your child will be able to safely enjoy our indoor, heated pool facility.
1. Our swim program is designed to teach your child how to be safe and self sufficient in the water. Your child will walk away from our program with instinctive skills regarding water safety. And lots of fun memories!
2. Your child’s face will get wet during class. This is a big deal for some of our little swimmers, so make sure to prep and encourage them!
3. The goal of every class (excluding Guppies) is to have your child swimming in the prone position on their own. We do everything we can to make this fun and empowering for your child – but it can be scary! If you would like your child’s teacher to take a gentler approach at any point, feel free to speak up.
4. Our pool is a maximum of 5 ft deep, and a little under 4 feet at the shallow end.
5. All of our employees are CPR Certified with extensive training.
6. Classes with only 1 student enrolled will be combined with another class if at all possible. We appreciate your understanding!
7. Our small, 4:1 ratio exists for one reason– to provide a unique and exceptional swim experience for your child. However, there is a downside to our small ratios: it limits the number of students we are able to accept and favorite classes fill up quickly. Don’t wait!
We can’t wait to meet you and your little one!
Michael Kirshner – Swim Director
Michael has been teaching and coaching swim across the Greater Baton Rouge area for nearly 10 years. He has loved the water since childhood, and was a state-qualifying competitive swimmer since the age of 11. Now, he runs the swim department here at Leaps & Bounds, while also handling many of our social media and graphic design needs
Michaels #1 goal as a swim instructor is to leave a lasting positive impact on every kid he works with.